Friday, December 16, 2011

Five Things Friday: Holiday Edition

All of Rachel's Holiday decorations. I love the little white tree with
pink trim and the Merry Christmas glitter sign. Every
part of her vintagy Christmas makes me smile.
Last year I took inspiration from her pink and teal vintage
ornament tree and got myself into collecting yet another
thing. I just love the idea that someone, years ago, enjoyed
the same ornaments I have on my tree.

Elsie's Holiday gift wrapping ideas. I have some old
National Geographic s that may just have to
be dissected to use some of the maps for my presents
this year. And that feather and sparkly pipe cleaner
really make the package.

The Twelve Days of Christmas Projects by
Rahel Wenig of Swiss Girl Designs. I love her scrapbooking
style. I love her lightly tinted photography. I love that kitty.

Elise Blaha Cripe of enJoy It always something crafty-cool
going on. I love her new place. I love her projects and I
love her journals. They're not so much about the amount of content
as they are about the quality of the moments captured in the
pictures and stories. So many scrapbooking/journals out there
are littered with decorations and her simple style really makes
her photos shine. And I love the way she layers pages so they
look like they go together as you're turning the pages.

Since I started reading And Then She Saved, I've begun to
think about how I spend, not just how much or what I'm spending.
She really gives you a look at sensible spending in a realistic
way, that makes me see how I can do it in my life,
in my own way. I've been stressing over buying gifts and
having time to make gifts, and yesterday I finally sent
out my cards, so I have a little stress off my shoulders.
Reading through her blog puts things into perspective and
makes me think of whats really important.

No comments:

Post a Comment